This is where it gets fun:

The 10/100 (100 series) and Gigabit Revision H injectors are identical
power-switching wise.   These are designed to produce a timing pulse with a
very quick fall and rise time to mimic the behavior of a CMM3.
The 430/320 injector and the Gigabit Revision I injectors are identical
power-switching wise.   These are designed with a slower rise and fall time
to suppress ringing.

The 430/320 injector's reverse protection circuit wants 48V or more (but is
ok at lower).
The 10/100 and Rev H gigabit injector reverse protection circuit wants 24V
but is ok up to around 56V.
The Rev I reverse protection circuit works pretty much all across the board
voltage wise.

The 100 series injector uses spare pair injection on pins 4,5 (negative)
and 7,8 (positive).
The 320/430 injector uses spare pair injection on 4,7 (negative) and 5,8
(positive).
The Gigabit injectors use data+power injection using ethernet magnetics on
4,5 (negative) and 7,8 (positive).