That’s a 6x8x16 hollow block.  I get 4x8x16 solid blocks from Menards, I think
they are 34 lbs.  115 lbs per cu ft.  Your gravel number works out to 93 lbs
per cu ft.

From: That One Guy /sarcasm
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 4:56 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Simple to make

6'x6'x6" of gravel is 1680 lbs or 60 28lb cinderblocks

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 4:50 PM, Josh Luthman <j...@imaginenetworksllc.com>
wrote:

  No way.  Way more air in the volume of gravel.

  Josh Luthman
  Office: 937-552-2340
  Direct: 937-552-2343

  On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 5:43 PM, Adam Moffett <dmmoff...@gmail.com> wrote:

    I bet the same volume of gravel would weigh more than concrete
blocks....just a thought.