I have tested it in a lab environment and used several different controllers. I agree it seems to be great for a data center and possible as a Metro switching environment. I have been trying it agains other carrier mpls/mef hardware. It really can't match the switching times and resiliency that current hardware and standard deployment. The main problem becomes the latency between the controller and the device. They have some tricks to make fast fail over sub 50ms switches operate as efficiently as the current offerings of most vendors mpls. Give it a few years though and I am sure that it will be a new story. The management and human error elimination will be worth it for most carriers.