I like mushy peas.  Fresh off-the-boat North Atlantic cod fish and chips are
the best.  I’ll be having some late summer.  Have to go to Cornwall for a
grandson’s baptism.

From: Ken Hohhof
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 12:23 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Baicells Interview

Well, duh, that’s because fish-and-chips and curry are the only edible foods
prepared in England.  Unless you consider things like toad-in-the-hole,
bubble-and-squeak, bangers-and-mash, and mushy peas edible.

I am convinced it comes from the English disdain for anything French.  Good
food would seem too French.