I'm about to move all of my arrays to SSD in the next few months. 1-2TB
SSDs are coming way down in price.

I did just build a new NVR, but it's raid10 HGST 8x2TB.
On Apr 3, 2016 9:35 PM, "Eric Kuhnke" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Yeah, I agree. Unless it was for video editing temporary disk space. Or a
> setup like Backblaze's storage pods where data is redundantly stored across
> multiple unique machines.
>
> I wonder what the rebuild time is if you set up an array like seven 10TB
> in mdadm RAID6 and an eighth drive as hot-spare. 18 hours?
>
>
>
> On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 7:31 PM, Josh Reynolds <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> I would be terrified to run anything but raid10 on those.
>> On Apr 3, 2016 9:30 PM, "Eric Kuhnke" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> As compared to the 6TB price which is about 4.3 cents per GB:
>>>
>>>
>>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145973&cm_re=6TB_HGST-_-22-145-973-_-Product
>>>
>>>
>>> 10TB:
>>> http://akiba-pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/news/20160401_751351.html
>>>
>>> It's about 7 cents per GB...  Price is high so far, but if you need a
>>> huge amount of storage in a small space (like a 1U server with 4 x 10TB + 1
>>> boot SSD on motherboard), can be worth it.
>>>
>>
>

Reply via email to