Correct.

Your switch will send out an LLDP packet that will advertise that VLAN 200 is
available on this port and is the Voice VLAN and the phones will then boot up
and operate on that VLAN.  Cisco switches, by default, send out LLDP packets
every 30 seconds (I think) and some phones only watch for LLDP packets for a
shorter period.  There is a command, I think “lldp timer 5” that causes the
Cisco switch to send LLDP packets out every 5 seconds, which eliminates issues
where the phone might not have “seen” the LLDP packet and boots up on the Data
VLAN instead of the Voice VLAN.

All your other devices will ignore that, and just operate on the untagged VLAN
like normal.

Dave

On Apr 5, 2016, at 2:41 PM, That One Guy /sarcasm