I found the latest MIB for 14.1.1 supports adaptRate for high or low
priority. It appears to work and provides an integer output.

adaptRateLowPri = 1.3.6.1.4.1.161.19.3.2.2.128

adaptRateHighPri = 1.3.6.1.4.1.161.19.3.2.2.129

You make a good point about uplink rate adapt from the SM only. Would be
nice if the SM could poll the AP randomly, like the LInk Status page does
and provide this data via OID.