I've seen it work with nanobridge-to-nanobridge (or nanobeam, powerbeam
etc) at 1-2km distances through evergreen trees in the pacific northwest.
This was in locations with very clean noise floor. Even 5 GHz will go
through a small (20 meter sized) individual cluster of pine trees at 1.5km
PTP, if the rest of the link is totally clear.