Our Mimosa Gigabit NID should be out soon too (few weeks).

For backhaul we don't recommend a separate surge suppressor up on the tower,
there's a surge suppressor GDT circuit inside the B5/B5c (as well as in our PoE
if it's being utilized).

Definitely attach a proper ground directly to the radios of course at the
ground point on the radios themselves on towers.

Jaime Fink
CPO & Co-Founder
Mimosa

On Apr 27, 2016, at 6:34 PM, Sean Heskett