Example:
I have a 450 Access Point that has 3 sms belonging to one company with 3 sites.
This client wants to have vpns between all locations.  They are all on the same
layer 2 network (same vlan)

Options and expected outcomes
* Disable SM Isolation (the default selection). This allows full communication
between SMs.

-          Works fine, all traffic can pass, Expected.....

* Enable Option 1 - Block SM destined packets from being forwarded. This
prevents both multicast/broadcast and unicast SM-to-SM communication.

-          Doesn't work, can establish connections between sms.  Expected......

* Enable Option 2 - Forward SM destined packets upstream. This not only
prevents multicast/broadcast and unicast SM-to-SM communication but also sends
the packets, which otherwise may have been handled SM to SM, through the
Ethernet port of the AP.

-          Doesn't work, I thought this would work, I assumed all packets would
be sent upstream to the router than the router would send it back to the
clients, similar to how mac forced forwarding works on my fiber network.

So I guess my question is "Am I totally miss understanding what option 2 does?
Is the only possible way to allow vpn traffic between sms on the same access
points have to have "Disable SM Isolation set?"

Thanks, Craig.

Craig R. Schmaderer
CEO | Skywave Wireless, Inc.
Ph: 402-372-1975 | Fax: 402-372-1058