From: Forrest Christian (List Account)
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 7:37 PM
To: af
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] WTB: Packetflux Generator Controller

Sort of.

We sold a total of around 80 (over a few years).   There were some
manufacturability issues which needed to be dealt with (why there's 80 instead
of 100 - not  a good yield).   Fixing those with the current design isn't
really practical.   Reordering and making just a few more of the existing
design is also prohibitive due to some minimum orders for parts I'm no longer
using other than on that board.   Or summarized:  We really can't cost
effectively make any more of the existing design, especially at the volumes
we're moving (1-2/month if we're lucky).

The good news is that the next iteration of the sitemonitor base units will
actually be able to do everything that standby power controller did, and a
whole lot more.   The intent is to circle around and build a new standby power
controller board which runs the new sitemonitor firmware.  This was supposed to
be done by now, but the processor switch for the new base units was anything
but the smooth transition we had hoped.