From: Af <af-boun...@afmug.com> on behalf of Josh Reynolds
<j...@kyneticwifi.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 9:27:29 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] R200/R201 vs 844E

Beamforming. ;)

On May 25, 2016 9:57 PM, "Christopher Gray"
<cg...@graytechsoftware.com<mailto:cg...@graytechsoftware.com>> wrote:
You're right, the R201 is basically a OEM generic DD-WRT router... but it is a
good, stable router with built-in ATA and a free remote management system, and
I'm not sure I need anything more.

I've been using the R200 for nearly a year (well, I started when it was the
C3VoIP). It has had plenty of issues (most of which are ATA related and have
been resolved in the firmware updates), but as a WiFi router it has performed
very well throughout. Most of the issues have been sorted and it is relatively
easy to provision and manage.

I've heard only great things about the Calix system. It appears to be ~60%
additional up front cost plus a monthly fee for the management software. What
additional benefits are provided by the Calix system to justify that increased
cost?

So far, the additional benefits I see are: remote site survey, 4x4 MU-MIMO, and
[assumed] more developed firmware.

-Chris

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 2:15 PM, Sean Heskett