I'm pretty sure we put a fake owl at the top of the pole that had this
issue.... last year mid summer I want to say.

It's been raining a lot and the site seems to be up so.... I have no idea
of the long term effectiveness yet.

This is a 40ft telephone pole with trees in jumping distance. Cables got
ruined 2 or 3 times in a row within two months.