Can I ask what was the reason for the decision to go with a 2.5 Gbps SFP
cage instead of SFP+?  I do not have a single router in any network I
support capable of native 2.5 Gbps SFP. Such an interface is incredibly
rare in layer 3 IP network deployments.

If it had an SFP+ interface it would be trivially easy to software rate
limit a 10GbE optical port in a router (such as a WS-X6704 card in a Cisco
6500/7600 platform, or a Juniper PC-1XGE-XENPAK) to 2.5 Gbps FD and assign
it an appropriate OSPF cost somewhere in between the cost metrics currently
used on 1Gbps and 10Gbs interfaces for router-to-router backbone links.

If the radio's interface will function at 2.5 Gbps with a
standards-compliant 10GbE SFP+ (*not* one of the special weird 2.5 Gbps FC
SFP) on each end of the link, please disregard everything I just said
above.