I don't have experience with pole attached stuff or GPON so I'm just
speculating.

But it's probably close to the same labor cost to string a small count main
line for GPON as it would to string a 96 or 144 count mainline for active.

The actual drop splice might be less time and maybe a bit less complicated for
GPON?

You didn't ask about active, but that's all I know for sure.

The electronics for active are a transceiver for each house and a regular SFP
switch(s) at the other end.

You could cover this project with a couple of planet 48 port SFP switches at
about $1600 each.
Transceivers and boxes for the customer end maybe around $100-$200 each.

Pretty cheap, but can connect to several 10Gbps ports on the back of those
switches and give up to 80 people a full 1Gbps simultaneously.
GPON/PON can't do that yet, but really no one uses it like that today anyway.

A couple of years from now? Maybe.