It adjusts float voltage according to temp.

From: Sterling Jacobson
Sent: Friday, July 8, 2016 4:04 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Scary thing to see on a UPS

That’s use Alpha UPS rated for outdoor, even in climate controlled cabinets.

The batteries should be fine though, if they are sealed AGM?

All of my batteries lie underneath the cabinets in the non-climate controlled
part and have a temperature gauge connected to the Alpha so it adjusts
something according to temperature of the batteries.