Recycle.  I'd even been known to recycle old CRT monitors and old ATX cases.
Got like $80 bucks for a basement full lol

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Simon Westlake
  To: af@afmug.com
  Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 11:57 AM
  Subject: Re: [AFMUG] old laptops

  If they are that old, I doubt they have too much value for charities. You'd
probably be lucky to give them away, I have a few that aren't even as old as
that, and I haven't been able to find anyone that wants them.

  I would just take them to Goodwill if you don't want them to go to waste,
putting the OS back on them would probably help most people.