There are AF24's and AF24HD's running in Alaska since release, with
the furthest shot around 6 miles. The 4 mile shots have not dropped in
rain/snow, the 6 mile one does like once or twice a year for a few
minutes.

UBNT's antenna engineering is required for the modulations and
components they are using, just like the stratapro depends on their
panel antenna designs to help achieve the things they want to do.
UBNT's materials aren't always the best (because, costs man), but they
have been getting better in newer products IMO.