Windows 10 is slightly better under the hood, especially if you turn off all of the built in apps, tighten up security, etc, so 10 isn’t monitoring your every move and checking for store updates constantly, etc...
I prefer 7, still may roll back to 7. I did the upgrade so I can get the key off of 10 and use it later should I decide to go back to 7. 27ish days until I’m stuck with 10... still undecided. I had 7 tuned, tweaked and running quite well. Microsoft decided to turn off my ability to use a 60gig SSD as a readyboost drive, which slowed down *everything* regardless of what their recommendations say. Readyboost on an SSD with everything else on a bunch of spinners is faster than having a hybrid SSD/HD. From: Bill Prince Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2016 1:36 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Windows 10 upgrade week I upgraded my desktop a couple weeks ago. Despite the positive reviews of the Win10 GUI, it is still not my cup of tea. So I loaded up the Classic Shell, and it looks like Windows 7. You can still access the Windows 10 "menu" such as it is if you wish, but you don't have to live by it. Windows 10 does get the latest system/security updates; that is my main motivation. My personal opinion is that Windows 10 and Windows 7 are essentially the same under the covers, but there are bug fixes in 10 that will never appear in 7. bp <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com> On 7/30/2016 11:21 AM, Bruce Robertson wrote: Do I really want to upgrade? I'm SO happy with Windows 7, and I almost never use Windows in the first place. I only use it these days to program my Logitech remote (no Linux app) and to run the Garmin G600 and G1000 simulators. I don't even need it for my Jeppesen charts anymore. On 07/29/2016 08:34 AM, Justin Wilson wrote: Ive tried but none of the hardware meets the requirements (mainly VMWare fusion). hehe. Justin Wilson [email protected] --- http://www.mtin.net Owner/CEO xISP Solutions- Consulting – Data Centers - Bandwidth http://www.midwest-ix.com COO/Chairman Internet Exchange - Peering - Distributed Fabric On Jul 24, 2016, at 12:38 AM, Forrest Christian (List Account) <[email protected]> wrote: Anyone else running around finishing up any free Windows 10 upgrades before they're no longer free (As of next month)? -- Forrest Christian CEO, PacketFlux Technologies, Inc. Tel: 406-449-3345 | Address: 3577 Countryside Road, Helena, MT 59602 [email protected] | http://www.packetflux.com !DSPAM:2,579b777787951114420650!
