Yeah, it is replacing a drop from a handhole to a house.  Using the old drop to
pull in a fiber and something copper to keep the POTS line going until we can
cut in the fiber.  Jumper wire would probably work.  No shield.

From: Ken Hohhof
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2016 8:54 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 1 pair cat 5

If you only need 1 pair and it doesn’t have to be jacketed, most electrical
supply places like Graybar have CO crossconnect wire in Cat3.  You can also get
Cat5 like this:
https://www.siemon.com/e-catalog/ECAT_GI_page.aspx?GI_ID=mpc_category-5e-cross-connect-wire

When I used to do a lot of work in MTUs, I never had to buy crossconnect wire,
the AT&T techs would leave spools behind in the phone closets and they would
sometimes mysteriously disappear.