From: Eric Kuhnke
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2016 12:06 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Rotating Media

Large scale backup storage?

I can build a server with 40 * 8TB 3.5" HGST spinning 7200 rpm drives, divided
up into several Linux mdadm RAID6 arrays with hotspares, for considerably less
money than the same capacity built out of 1TB 2.5" SSDs.

There is now a Samsung 15TB SSD that costs ten thousand dollars...
http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/8/1/12342696/samsung-pm1633a-ssd-15tb-storage-drive-specs-price