If I understand correctly, you limit the customer's speed based on the quality of their connection. Is that right? That mitigates the impact of weak connections on the system....I just don't know how I would explain it to consumers.

------ Original Message ------
From: "That One Guy /sarcasm" <thatoneguyst...@gmail.com>
To: "af@afmug.com" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: 8/5/2016 5:16:31 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] is....the price right?

we technically meet the "requirements" because of what is advertised and our actual deployment per our 477. (our 477 are probably some of the most accurate deployment numbers the FCC gets from this industry) I can hop on powercode and change every rate to 73 gigabit and the FCC will accept that data, we prefer to use our management system to manage our network more than we prefer to manipulate our numbers to facilitate better acces to our neighbors taxes. we even had to go back and alter our data set to lower numbers because the way powercode calculates speeds is in 1024 not 1000k per mb like the fcc wants to see so our system is set that every mb is 1024k so speedtests answer in full mbps rather than partial ones. we however dont have any intention to suckle the government teat so we dont jump through hoops to go after the money ourselves what we do ensures that a customer installed marginally, and accepts the marginal installation isnt able to come back after the fact and say theyre not getting the speed theyre paying for, since theyre not paying for speed. if theyre installed at a tier 1 installation, the radios wont fight to try to deliver tier 3 speeds, which they cannot do (how are you going to deliver "broadband" with 900mhz fsk?) the only thing theyre "guaranteed" from us is 3/1 but they get the maximum tier their installation would allow, whether they want it or not at the same price.
honesty is the black sheep in this industry