> Additional cost of the VPS

so you are looking for a hosted pbx provider to provide you a hosted pbx
instance, along with origination/termination trunks ?
you will pay for the VPS portion one way or another...

We do this for our customer today. We can offer you such, but typically needs a
spend of at least $100/month to make it worthwhile for us.

There are other ways to skin this cat, depending on what feature is your
priority. This cost ? The flexibility ? the location of the pbx instance.

> Additional latency from $house -> vps instance -> cloud pbx

In practical term this is not an issue or let me say it differently... this
will be common issue with anyone's hosted pbx service.
Contrary to popular belief.. latency is not the issue , jitter and out of order
packets are bigger issue.
BTW... you can always configure asterisk to get out of the voice path.

Regards

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street