Chuck, can you verify for me again.. the earth side of this thing isn't tied to the negative side of the input block? I'd say no, because obviously the green LED is on when wired as you have them marked. And the red LCD when it's backwards. So the LEDs are just a polarity indicator and has no bearing on what's what.

Just trying to wrap my mind around any potential issues when using these for powering the old Trango radios (-48 on all four pairs, return on shield) which I'm about to do. I'm out of Trango's -48 POE boxes and ain't buyin no more.

I suppose sometimes I over-think things.