Pretty Common, can fly under the radar...

BTW, here is where you are seeing the Beauty of a CCR...
CCR has many small cores for CPU, and has one dedicated CPU per port, 
Thus traffic such as this will not affect the Router as a whole..

besides those cores can handle about 10 time more pps...
and that is not the case with the RB1100  :)

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email: [email protected]

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Nate Burke" <[email protected]>
> To: "Animal Farm" <[email protected]>
> Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 9:00:54 PM
> Subject: [AFMUG] PPS DDOS

> Just had a DDOS that was only 30mb/s but running over 110,000 pps It
> took down a RB 1100, but a CCR 1036 upstream was still at 0% CPU (and a
> trango licensed link didn't care either)  Followed the typical Gamer
> DDOS of lasting <10min.  In the torch I captured, almost all the src
> traffic was from an Asian telco /13 so I'm guessing it was sourced from
> a bunch of compromised modems.
> 
> I don't think I've seen one like this before with low Bandwidth but high
> PPS.

Reply via email to