So ideally you would want to interconnect at your shop?

From: Roger Timmerman
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2016 8:05 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Upstream, going beyond 1 gig

SLIX started with Xmission and UTOPIA Fiber.  They (Xmission) kept track of the
peering relationships and provided the IP subnet, UTOPIA Fiber provided a VPLS
across its network so that anyone could connect to it at any of the major data
centers in Utah or even at their place of business if it had a UTOPIA Fiber
connection.  It has definitely grown over the years, and several connect to it
outside of UTOPIA, but I think most of it still rides across UTOPIA.

Roger