> One subscriber at the gig level....
>
> http://spectator.org/alabamas-gig-city-has-one-gigabit-broadband-subscriber/
  Clickbait. I really hate poorly written articles like these. There are plenty
of reasons for and against municipal broadband. If you have a beef with muni
broadband, at least put some effort in it and come up with some valid critique.
Don't just produce blogspam like this.

  I guess it just isn't sexy to report that they have a take rate of about 25%
and are on track to be profitable within five years. Focusing on the number of
gigabit subscribers at $500 per month, when there's a reasonable offering of
services between $35 and $100 per month, just makes the reporter seem petty.
It's almost like they have an agenda to push, facts be damned, ...

Jared