From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Adam Moffett
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2016 7:49 AM
To: af@afmug.com; af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT: Ransomware

The ransomware is still on the computer after you pay the ransom, right?  So
the only way to stop them from hitting you again when they're hard up for
cocaine money is to invest a lot in IT fixes anyway.  Same problem, except if
you pay the ransom maybe you get your data back.  But paying the ransom also
encourages them to keep doing it to other people, and maybe contributes to the
ongoing problem.  I guess it comes down to whether you have enough of it backed
up.