From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Eric Muehleisen
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 10:50 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] DFS impact on indoor SOHO routers

On occasion we see DFS events on our outdoor WISP network. It's rare, but does
happen. It's understandable since we use high gain sector antennas and AP's
with great receive sensitivity. Not to mention these are outdoor radios with
direct view of the sky.

On the other hand, we are seeing 802.11ac home routers with DFS capabilities.
The router indoors has all sort of built in attenuation, walls, obstacles, etc.
Would you expect to see DFS events, if any, in this scenario?