did you start this project with "here, hold my beer" by chance?

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 2:26 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

> So what I shoulda bought was a 240:480 and fed it with 208 for 416 out.
>
> -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] Sent: Friday, November
> 25, 2016 1:15 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT 3 phase
> transformers
> I didn't think the saturation would happen without a load.
> Was only considering transformation ratio, dang.
> Never a problem with small signals...
>
> Still need to make 400 volts Y.
> I guess I am going to have to do some kind of boost or buck arrangement.
> -----Original Message----- From: Seth Mattinen Sent: Friday, November 25,
> 2016 1:10 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT 3 phase
> transformers
> On 11/25/16 11:49, [email protected] wrote:
>
>> I purchased a used 30 KVA 208/240 2 phase transformer.  208Y 240 delta.
>>
>
>
> You're feeding 480 into a general purpose transformer that is rated for
> 240 (+-10% typical)? You're saturating the core and it's ceasing to be a
> transformer. Even if the breaker doesn't trip it'll probably overheat and
> burn with that much overvoltage.
>
> ~Seth
>



-- 
If you only see yourself as part of the team but you don't see your team as
part of yourself you have already failed as part of the team.

Reply via email to