We have been using syslog-ng with older version of php-syslogng now know as
logzilla.

In my next in-carnation I would probably install graylog

It is my personal opinion, that the best system is one what allows for easy
access (search, categorize, etc) of syslog messages via a GUI interface so that
getting access to information by folks with lesser CLI skills is possible.

Additionally the ability to be able to run the messages thru a 'filter' and
take actions / trigger actions is getting to me much desired.

:)

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street