-12F at my house this morning. School has been canceled here the last two days.

Travis

On 1/6/2017 9:22 AM, ch...@wbmfg.com wrote:
-7 at my house this morning.  Snappy!
*From:* CBB - Jay Fuller
*Sent:* Friday, January 6, 2017 9:16 AM
*To:* af@afmug.com ; memb...@wispa.org
*Subject:* [AFMUG] i am vetting windstream....
Good morning everyone.
I'm looking at upstream providers as the contract with my current (not so happy) provider is nearly up. I got an unsolicited quote from windstream this morning that looked pretty good for 10 gig wave. As as we considering fiber to the home in the near future I thought I'd give this a second look. Glancing through list archives and the web, I've seen windstream has had problems delivering committed bandwidth in the past. I've also read they did a lot of buying and may not have integrated very well. Recently I saw a post from Chuck Hogg explaining several WISPA folks had gotten together with windstream folks and got a list of tower lit locations which I think is pretty good. We are also looking at several options - I'm just looking at price + value + our future needs - knowing all of this changes dramatically every time we look at it. Finally I know windstream recently purchased earthlink which a few years ago purchased ITC Deltacom which had a pretty extensive network in Alabama. We may also need connectivity in centurylink areas - so this may be a better option for us than trying to do some kind of ATT ASE circuit - i just don't know yet. So - please - let me know your thoughts on windstream. Is anyone using them now and unhappy? If so, why? I'm also headed out for a few hours so i won't get a chance to reply to your comments until later this afternoon when Alabama's semiannual snowmagedden event begins - so we'll all be trapped in our homes for 24-48 hours starting about 3 pm.... :)
Happy Friday!