When you get hot you get IN the ocean.

CBB - Jay Fuller wrote:
You know, I came across one of those on the Alabama Gulf Coast last time I vacationed down there - * it turned off the hot water when no one was there (but broke - and did NOT turn the hot water back on!) * it sensed when a door was open and disabled the air conditioner. Well that is just ridiculous!! I go to the beach to hear the ocean....I want to hear the surf....and not sweat while I do it! Perhaps I should have tinkered with it....(it was October so it wound up not being too hot) :)

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Paul Stewart <mailto:p...@paulstewart.org>
    *To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    *Sent:* Sunday, January 8, 2017 6:55 PM
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT: Home automation

    Hehe… there are faucets that you can make “smart” now as well –
    last I looked they were extremely expensive though.

    For practical stuff, I really like to know when bathroom lights
    are left on for extended periods of time by kids … when the garage
    door is left open at night etc…. especially with the price of
    electricity here (even with LED lighting) …

    Also, when nobody is home for periods of time I’ll get an alert
    when lights are left on … my hot water tank is connected – it
    stops heating the water when nobody is going to be around …

    Paul