Yes when talking to other Verizon users, it sounds excellent!! Can't wait
for them to finish interoperability testing with the other 3 carriers so HD
calls pass to all the major cell networks instead of just Verizon. They are
doing a little testing with AT&T but it's not launched yet.

I'm hoping they introduce some VoLTE flip phones soon as well for the old
folks like my Grandpa who refuses to go to a smartphone as it's too
difficult for him.

Verizon has been adding tons of new macros all over the US filling in
coverage gaps and adding capacity but they're all LTE-only so they're not
expanding 1X/3G coverage for the last 1-2 years. So there's places my
Grandma with her smartphone has great 4G and VoLTE coverage due to new
macros in dead spots being filled in but my Grandpa on his 1X basic flip
phone has no service. So they need to get some updated basic phones out so
people can take advantage of the new 4G-only coverage Verizon has been
adding over the last 1-2 years and moving forward.

I've seen Verizon build at least 12 new macro sites in the last year and at
least 8 of them are in current dead or poor coverage locations. All 4G-only
sites with one power/fiber hybrid cable going to the top and then RRU's on
top. It's amazing how clean these new sites look with only one cable going
up instead of 12-16 thick cables as in the past.

For new builds in 2016, I've also seen them stop using the big shelters and
moving to all outdoor cabinets with a generator on top of a diesel tank.
They must save $50k per site almost to get rid of the big shelters they
used to always use.

--
Darin Steffl
Minnesota WiFi