How tall do you want to go and how much load will you put on it? There have 
been some square tube and aluminum tubing do it yourself plans I have seen in 
the amateur radio community. Some of them however have very limited top load 
capacity as many of them are designed as supports for ends of a long wire 
antenna. 

 

You can find flagpole hitch mounts cheap on amazon and build some sort of 
nested pipe/conduit arrangement if the height requirement is not too much.

 

 

Thank You,

Brian Webster

www.wirelessmapping.com

www.Broadband-Mapping.com

 

From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Adam Moffett
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 1:56 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Utility company survey pole

 

I'd love to get a pneumatic one with outriggers, but it's so damn spendy.

 

Poor man's version is 
http://www.tiltnraise.com/purchase/order-page/2-inch-tilt-over-antenna-mount/.  
Add your own mast with 2" OD at the bottom.

 

 

 

------ Original Message ------

From: "Jeremy" <[email protected]>

To: [email protected]

Sent: 1/12/2017 1:30:57 PM

Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Utility company survey pole

 

Also, http://www.hilomast.com/masts/mast-accessories/reese-hitch-mount/

 

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Jeremy <[email protected]> wrote:

Quick Google search finds this 
http://www.larsonelectronics.com/showproduct.aspx?productid=145898 
<http://www.larsonelectronics.com/showproduct.aspx?productid=145898&gclid=CNy_yaKevdECFQUEaQodtWwKuw>
 &gclid=CNy_yaKevdECFQUEaQodtWwKuw

 

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:09 AM, Chuck McCown <[email protected]> wrote:

Maybe that is what it takes to read the meters in the area.  

 

From: Adam Moffett 

Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:58 AM

To: Animal Farm 

Subject: [AFMUG] Utility company survey pole

 

See attached Pic.  Our power company has this pickup truck with a gigantic mast 
on the rear end.  I assume they're testing their smart meter junk with it....or 
something.

 

My question is where can I get one of those?!

I'm definitely jealous of their survey pole size.

 

 

 

Reply via email to