we have been working with fortinet on a customer who has been experiencing
alot of echo from the sip PBX on the analog line, there is no direct
control of the gain, they have provided multiple firmware releases lowering
the gain to the point we achieved a tolerable number of echo instances. The
refer to the issue as "loud" incoming analog lines.
Is there a mechanism like a x-ohm resister on the tip or something to that
effect to lower the volume or whatever the appropriate term is?
our next step is to just get an ata to run the analog lines into to feed
the pbx a controlled line, however im concerned this may just add another
level of fuckery to the mix