Nope, it is all unicast! Big pipes.

On 1/25/2017 11:03 AM, Chuck McCown wrote:
I have never understood how you can set up a streaming server and deliver hundreds or thousands of streams without having our upstream BW be stream BW X # of streams. Each stream has its own session, right? So with folks watching the coronation via CNN streaming, CNN cannot possibly have a pipe large enough to give each user its own BW. I understand how simple this is with multicast, but I have always presumed that multicast does not traverse the public internet? Hard enough to get it to work flawless internally with IPTV. There is probably some kind of UDP broadcast type of thing that I have just been unaware of.

--
Simon Westlake
Email: simon@sonar.software