The other way is to define different service options and say that not all options are available in all areas.

If there's an option that's more money for less speed nobody will intentionally choose it, but you can tell them that's the option available in their area. This way happens to also work seamlessly with billing systems since you have to differentiate the rate options in the system that way anyhow.

One problem you will not avoid no matter how you spell it out is that some people will draw their own conclusions about why you're charging them more than people in another area. I.E.: They'll say you're a greedy, evil person with selfish and petty reasons for discriminating against them. I don't have any faith in my fellow humans, so take that with a grain of salt.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Sterling Jacobson" <sterl...@avative.net>
To: "af@afmug.com" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: 2/1/2017 1:37:38 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Providing Service at Different Rates / in Different Markets

Ugh, that is difficult.

If it were me, at the very least I would just make a pricing page online and spell it all out for each ‘area’.

If you want to be more discreet you could just advertise the lowest priced rate/plan and say there are higher speed options to contact you.

The fancy way would be for them to fill out a form and get an immediate response via email or online as to their rate plans per the area.