Sounds like guest network isolation

On Feb 4, 2017 4:29 PM, "Bill Prince" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I eventually found the problem was our Unifi AP. Not sure how it was doing
> this, as we did not have it firewalled or anything beyond just being an AP.
> It's possible that it was malfunctioning because of some recent power
> outages.
>
> When I started having other (non NBT) issues with other devices I
> restarted the Unifi controller and the AP, and suddenly all the things that
> had not been working started working.
>
> I had been concentrating on my partner's Windows PC, but it was not that
> at all. Problem was that it was the only device that we needed to have NBT
> working inside our network. As it happens, it wasn't just NBT, but anything
> intranet. Strangely, anything internet was working fine. I don't get it,
> but I'm glad it's gone.
>
>
> bp
> <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>
>
>
> On 1/28/2017 6:04 PM, Bill Prince wrote:
>
> Nope. They're both "Private".
>
>
> bp
> <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>
>
>
> On 1/28/2017 5:50 PM, Christopher Gray wrote:
>
> I suspect the WiFi connection is set to "Public" and the LAN is set to
> "Private".
>
> Change WiFi to Private and you should be good to go..
>
>
>
> On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 5:13 PM, Bill Prince <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>
>> I've never seen this before, so I thought mining the resident mind trust
>> might shake something loose.
>>
>> My partner's Windows 10 laptop has both an ethernet LAN adapter and a
>> WiFi adapter. Both adapters work just fine going to the wild woolly
>> internet. No problem.
>>
>> However, when doing any NBT-type interactions, only the ethernet LAN
>> adapter allows her to browse local shares. The WiFi adapter can't see any
>> NetBIOS objects.
>>
>> If you open the Windows Explorer, it's like a light switch. If the
>> ethernet LAN adapter has the cable installed, all the local  NetBIOS shares
>> (PCs, printers, NAS devices) are visible. If you unplug the ethernet cable,
>> everything disappears. However, if you want to access the interwebs, both
>> adapters work as advertised.
>>
>> I have no clue what would cause this.
>>
>> --
>>
>> bp
>> <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>

Reply via email to