Cisco is good stuff … as long as you don’t mind dealing with Cisco …

Home built stuff with Snort/Suricata is pretty awesome ….

Tippingpoint makes good stuff I hear - limited hands on with their stuff

Really like Juniper for this kind of stuff as we are a heavy Juniper shop

The key question though with IDS is a question around where are you deploying
it?