Looking at these more...

FPE H20202DL-R
Is a dual 10/100 magnetics... So 4 pairs.   This would work for a single
gigabit port

FPE H40520MN
Is a quad 10/100 magnetics, so 8 pairs - this would work for two gigabit
ports

I've also looked at the specs for these...  seem like they're close enough
to gigabit to work.

So as much as I would like to complain about cutting corners, this is one
of those cases where I don't see any obvious problems with this.