ePTP definitely has the lowest latency, but I'm not sure how throughput
compares to TDD in flexible mode... I thought ePTP had slightly better
throughput too, but I could be wrong about that. Fixed ration TDD is going
to have the biggest impact on throughput, for obvious reasons... unless the
link happens to need an up/down ratio of exactly 75/25, 50/50 or 30/70. Of
course being able to sync things makes that worth it in a lot of cases.

As far as I know, you have to match the distance for sync to work, since
there aren't really any other timing settings you can play with, like
Canopy has - I think the only way it can work is if the max distance on
everything is set for the longest PTP link.