Forest, I’ll bet you can offer them for $799, right?

From: Forrest Christian (List Account)
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2017 2:09 PM
To: af
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] CMM5 controller.. Are you serious, Cambium?

OMG it IS a raspberry pi and a DC-DC converter in a box.  (Yeah I know you said
that but the picture definitely drives it home).

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 10:11 AM, Vlad Sedov <v...@atlasok.com> wrote:

  This is a finished product, minus lid (see pic)

  Most of the code is just opensource OS for the Raspberry Pi. I imagine
there's a proprietary USB driver for the injector and controller software.. big
deal.
  You're already paying over a grand for the CMM5 injector itself.. Charging
that much for what amounts to a glorified homebrew management solution is a bit
insulting.

  ...and the only reason I opened it, was because something was rattling inside
as we took it out of the packaging. I opened it up to find the 5VDC connector
just dangling, not connected to the Pi. A drop of hot glue could have fixed
that. Hell, I hot-snot the crap out of all my Arduino projects by default, to
keep this shit from happening.

  Vlad