We are. But we are also separate and distinct from the unwashed masses.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 2/21/2017 12:35 PM, Jaime Solorza wrote:
Aghast... Are we not consumers.?

On Feb 21, 2017 11:38 AM, "Ken Hohhof" <af...@kwisp.com <mailto:af...@kwisp.com>> wrote:

    The average consumer has no clue what any of the following terms
    mean, despite spending a lot of money on them:

    WiFi, 4G, 5G, LTE, modem, router, satellite, server

    And the industry is happy to keep them stupid, for example
    defining “unlimited” as “throttled after 22 GB”.  The latest I saw
    is Qualcomm wanting people to think their phones will soon have
    gigabit download speeds.  Mobile carriers of course don’t sell
    speed plans, they sell data plans, and manufacturers like Qualcomm
    conflate sector capacity with end user speed.  As well as
    neglecting to explain that all that unlicensed spectrum will only
    be used for urban small cells, not the celltower 5 miles from your
    house in the country.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/02/qualcomms-new-lte-modem-will-make-gigabit-download-speeds-easier-to-hit/

<https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/02/qualcomms-new-lte-modem-will-make-gigabit-download-speeds-easier-to-hit/>