The way their usage works - mobile devices, often indoors - this will only
help in more densely populated areas, and at 5GHz you're going to have to
be pretty close to that AP either way. Admittedly, I always think in terms
of rural areas, where I can't see how this is going to have much effect. I
still can't even get a reliable cell signal in some subdivisions in which I
offer service.

On Thursday, February 23, 2017, Gino Villarini <g...@aeronetpr.com> wrote:

> Theres a lot of 5 ghz so the can do CA with licensed and unlicensed
>
> From: Af <af-boun...@afmug.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','af-boun...@afmug.com');>> on behalf of
> Jason McKemie <j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com');>>
> Date: Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 12:30 PM
> To: "af@afmug.com <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','af@afmug.com');>" <
> af@afmug.com <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','af@afmug.com');>>
> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 5G
>
> I think the gigabit figure is a bit misleading is all.
> It says they are testing this with 60MHz of 2.5GHz spectrum. I'd have to
> look again, but there aren't a lot of carriers with a 60MHz nationwide
> footprint. Even at that, it will be split amongst all the users of the
> band.
>
> On Thursday, February 23, 2017, Gino Villarini <g...@aeronetpr.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','g...@aeronetpr.com');>> wrote:
>
>> Not really
>>
>> https://www.telegeography.com/products/commsupdate/articles/
>> 2017/02/23/sprint-ericsson-to-demo-gigabit-data-speeds-over-
>> td-lte/?utm_source=CommsUpdate&utm_campaign=842ec531cf-
>> CommsUpdate+23+February+2017&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_
>> 0688983330-842ec531cf-8827113
>>
>> From: Af <af-boun...@afmug.com> on behalf of Jason McKemie <
>> j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com>
>> Date: Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 12:30 AM
>> To: "af@afmug.com" <af@afmug.com>
>> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 5G
>>
>> In a lab with unlimited spectrum maybe. It will be a fraction of this in
>> all reality. They could get closer with millimeter wave, but that's a
>> different animal entirely.
>>
>> On Wednesday, February 22, 2017, Jaime Solorza <losguyswirel...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Check this out
>>> http://www.fiercewireless.com/special-report/gigabit-keeps-l
>>> te-fast-lane?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWlRrMFkySTJObVU0TkRSbCIsInQiOiJ
>>> CRytrXC9IdU92c3NISUVUOVBIOGJaMXNDZnN1aklXUUZ1VXJXQmFYS0NzdU1
>>> kdmhVWTFBSFIwNDRcL0MzRERkNTlVSEJEUE9oM3RuVkttWFJRanE5ZUV2SHg