From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Chuck McCown
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:30 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Elevator phone lines

Most customers are within the boundary of a Local Exchange Carrier with a
Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity issued by the state public
utilitity regulators.  And, they are typically the COLR or POLR  Provider
(Carrier) Of Last Resort.  Being such they cannot refuse to provide a POTS
line.

Where was the location that a POLR did not exist?  Almost all of Utah has a
POLR.  The only places open, don't have any people living in them, like out
in the desert on BLM land.