I like this guys response to that issue at UM. I imagine he really pissed off 
his professors. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2016/10/07/a-university-told-students-to-select-their-gender-pronouns-one-chose-his-majesty/

On Feb 23, 2017, at 1:49 PM, Jason McKemie <[email protected]> 
wrote:

> Where it gets really crazy is when they start passing laws that you legally 
> have to refer to someone by a pronoun of their choosing.  They have something 
> like this in Canada right now.
> 
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 2:42 PM, Chuck McCown <[email protected]> wrote:
> I know it will be tried. 
>  
> We drilled a hole from the boy’s shower to the girls’ shower.  First chance I 
> got to look through the hole all I saw was Penni Depriest’s eye looking in on 
> me.  Then they put a bolt through the hole....  I felt like I was part of the 
> Porky’s movie. 
>  
> I have no clue how to attempt to help someone that is trans with this problem 
> and not cause much more troubles for others.  Force the schools to build 
> third facilities with a question mark over the doors?  I wonder how the 
> military does it in the barracks?
>  
> And if there was bathroom police checking birth certificates, does that 
> really matter as it may say one thing on the certificate but they recently 
> decided to identify as something else.  Isn’t there one “identity” that is 
> “fluid” or some such thing?
>  
>  
>  
>  
>  
> From: Ken Hohhof
> Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 1:33 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT trolling
>  
> Once you know someone who is transgender, it turns out not to be like that at 
> all.  There are exceptions to everything, but if the first thing that comes 
> to your mind is identifying as a girl to shower with the girls, then probably 
> you don’t have any friends or relatives that are transgender.  Well, that is 
> unlikely, more likely you just don’t know they are trans.
> 
>  
> 
> And school kids unfortunately take the brunt of this.  Anywhere else, are 
> there really going to be bathroom police checking birth certificates?  
> There’s a creepy thought.
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Chuck McCown
> Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 1:52 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [AFMUG] OT trolling
> 
>  
> 
> Bored.
> 
> If this was mid 1970s and if I discovered that the president said I could 
> shower with the girls at school it I “identified as a girl”, I sure as hell 
> would have identified as a girl....
> 
>  
> 
> I have not heard a single commentator address this issue.  Boys will be boys. 
>  What do the lgbtqrstuv folks have as an answer to this situation?
> 
>  
> 
> They don’t seem to be interested in protecting the rights of my granddaughter 
> to not have the boy’s football team in there after volleyball practice. 
> 
> 

Reply via email to