I've never been a fan of wireless mesh anything. Too many "invisible" parts. I
would lean toward Sterlings original idea; a separate WAP on each floor;
interconnected via ethernet. You might test it with powerline adapters. If
those work; continue. Maybe keep them permanently.

    On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 12:01 PM, Chuck McCown <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:

 I should mention, I have a three level house too.  Routers are on the middle
floor.  About as central to the whole house as possible.
I wonder if concrete has more attenuation than my subfloor?

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck McCown
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 12:55 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] In Home Wireless Extension

I have a product called "warm board" as sub flooring.  It is 7/8" thick
plywood with aluminum sheeting bonded to one side.  It has channels for my
radiant heating system.  It is also a very good RF shield.

My Calix 844E is usable throughout the whole house, but it has some weak
areas.
I am trying a router from IgniteNet that Harold sent me.  I thought it was
not as good, but after downloading an app that will give me wifi signals in
dBm, it is showing 2-3 dB hotter than the Calix in the areas I have tested.

So far, I am sticking with one AP for the whole house.