When we ordered our MST's, we were surprised that Commscope doesn't make (even
with special order), any drop cable that terminates into LC ends.  We run the
MST up the tower than connect an UBNT S16 /R6 or BH radios with fiber from
there.

We have doing this with a "test cable" and then placing the whole assembly
inside a Cat5 outdoor cable *by slitting the Cat5, then taping it up when we
are done OR putting it in some small black flex tube (or both).

There has to be a more professional way to get this done.  Maybe an assembly
company we can have make it up for us.  We can also get the actual drop cable
in a short length but we still face the same prospect of a flimsy termination
section that we then have to protect.  I can get a bigger fanout fiber at the
LC end but there is still likely going to be exposed "smaller cable" to get
sealed and ruggedized.

Seeking a good solution, with the other side benefit being there are some small
towers where I will have a single LC connection at the top for an R6 (micropop)
or even and S16 and I have a bunch of flat drop cable I can easily put a couple
ends on if I can get it ruggedized from there.

This is probably a newbie type question, but we are not fiber ninjas as of yet
:)

Paul

Paul McCall, President
PDMNet, Inc. / Florida Broadband, Inc.