You can throw the XM/XW firmware on the Ubnt CPEs all day long.

For them to connect to the AP it needs sufficient number of elevate
licenses (they are 1x and 10x licenses).  Licenses only work on FULL APs.
When you're scanning it'll complain there's a license issue if you don't
have room (on the CPE, Monitor > Wireless).

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343